Hi! I'm Artem, and I have been developing Android apps for about 11 years.
I love Kotlin, Kotlin Coroutines, Clean Architecture and Reactive programming. I'm also a bit familiar with Android internals, iOS and backend development.
Leading the development of the Actinis EMM and Actinis.Family (parental control) solutions. With our team we've implemented a fully-featured alpha of EMM in just 4 months and now working on stabilization & new features.
Working on Veriff Android SDK in the Strategic Clients team.
Leading a distributed & fully remote Android team (4 subordinate developers) developing an Android launcher
in the biggest
telecommunication company in CIS (80+ million of active subscribers).
I was the first developer in this project and hired every Android developer in our team (4 of 5 devs, 2 seniors, 1 middle, 1 junior are still with us and they're awesome).
We have a multi-modular app architectured by me, including remote configuration with A/B testing of some features with multiple (pretty different) flavors.
My technical responsibility is to bring the best possible architecture (also suitable for testing), best performance and best practices like feature-toggles, multi-modular app, stability, etc. We also have >99.5% crash free rate.
Worked on Maximum Education Android app refactoring and bugfixes.
In a team of three Android developers I developed the kasko2go application (car insurance with assessment of the driving style by collecting telemetry without using third-party devices) in a short time from scratch.
- Participated in every part of the application development excluding telemetry collection
- Led the technical part of the marketing experiments (one subordinate web developer). Integrated A/B testing functionality, which allowed to replace any part of user flow on-the-fly without updating the application.
- Integrated CI (Bamboo) for automatic pull-requests checking, parametrized APK building, including starting build from Slack, sending resulting APK to Slack and Firebase App Distribution
Developed from scratch an MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution. It was installed on thousands of corporate devices, helping to:
- Restrict device access
- Manage installed applications
- Prevent loss of sensitive data
- Bulk configure remote devices
I also worked on the Moscow Electronic School project, mostly on architecture and refactoring.
Developed a prototype of Snaappy app in the face of changing requirements. I quit the project while the app was becoming a messenger.
- Developed a commercial fork of Android OS with UI and launcher changes.
- Developed a custom launcher for Android-based Smart TVs. It included a file manager and a media player.
Did not graduate
Here are some projects that I developed personally.
In this project I participated mostly as a tech lead and product owner.
As a developer, I've implemented an optimized perceptual hash algorithm based on this DCT implementation ported from Obj-C with some JVM-related optimizations.
- Few dozens of publications about programming in the «Xakep» («hacker») magazine during ~2008-2014
- Skillberg Android course (in Russian; outdated)
- Google's «Material Design Awards» 2015 with «Transport» app (listed above)
- 3rd place on the «Cultural Code» (team name: Labster.PRO) with «Shazam» for movies. My role: Android & Backend developer.